Thursday, February 15, 2007

Future further review....Lesson 1 redux.

Be advised, should I decide/find it necessary to change anything in Lesson 1, I'll do it here....if it's OK with ya'll.

Coincidentally, I just thought of one thing: You'll read about drilling lots of air holes into your plastic bin. Don't do it yet. I'll tell you what I think about all them holes in lesson two.

I'll be the sixth or seventh to admit I'm doling this out in small, easy to digest doses. If you're really into it, Google composting worms for the bland, boring, uninteresting facts of the matter.

What I think about them air holes is that you don't need em. They're OK, and if you want some, drill them...in the bottom, and the top, and all around the sides. When...not if....you get excess moisture in the bin(s), it'll have a chance to escape your worms.

OK, after reading what I just wrote, I now realize you probably are gonna need some holes in the FIRST bin because you'll overly mother those babies damn near to death and drownation.

Put some water escape route holes in the bottom of your FIRST bin about <.....................this........................> far apart and about this.......O....... big.

I couldn't find any pics of just the bottom of a bin, so this one with the old, outdated holes everywhere bin will have to do. But remember, you ain't gonna need all them holes.

No comments: